BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

2/19/09

Mothers Vs. Nonmothers

The other day we were at my mom's house (my sister lives there) and Dawson had to go potty really bad. He ran upstairs to the bathroom and started to go. My sister was in the shower (with a see thru curtain) and yelled at him. "Dawson, go downstairs right now!" Later I found out that she asked my mom if I teach him to knock before entering. Yeah, this bothered me a little bit, but I have to remember that mothers and nonmothers have very different experiences. Anyone who is a mother, this would have been completley normal (if your not a mother, just ask anyone who is.) Mothers learn to lock the doors if they don't want kids comming it. And it doesn't matter if you teach your child to knock or not, if they have to go to the bathroom that is all they are thinking about.
This hasn't been the only time when her "nonmotherness" has shown. I remember her saying "When I have kids, they won't behave like that." I had to smile and keep it to myself. Anyone who is a mother will learn, that it's not always something that you can control. And when she joined us for a preschool party, on the way home she said "I don't know how you do it" And I thought, "what is it that I'm doing?" (Loading 3 kids up and taking them home.) That was nothing compared to about a millions other things I've had to do (sometimes all at once.)
I guess 6 year ago I was thinking like she is. But when you become a mother you learn a lot of things really quickly. Anyone who is not a mother will never truly understand until they become one. Even fathers don't understand what exactly mothers go through. But motherhood is about the greatest joy any woman could ever experience. I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world!!

0 comments: