BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

5/13/09

Rude People: Revised

There is nothing that gets my blood boiling more then rude people!!
As a mom, I have made my number one goal to be teaching my children to be polite, use manners, think of others. To me, there is nothing more important.
It really bugs the hell out of me when my kids and I go to a parade more then an hour early, sit down and wait, and then two minutes before it starts a whole swarm of people push in front as if we were never there.
It really bugs the hell out of me when I've got a car full of kids and I'm driving down the road at the speed limit and some jerk pulls out right in front of me like I'm invisible and I have to slam on my breaks.
It really bugs the hell out of me when I'm waiting to take a photo of my son's graduation and I'm standing polietly in the back with all the other parents and that one rude mother walks up clear in front of everyone like no one is behind her. Guess she just wants the back of her head to be in everyones photos.
It really bugs the hell out of me when my kid is playing on a toy at the arcade and some other bigger kids come up and take it away and his parent watches like that is perfectly okay.
It really bugs the hell out of me when I'm selling something for 50 bucks at garage sale and some lying bastard says he only has 25 dollars, I say okay, then he hands me 30 bucks and waits for change.
I beg anyone who is reading this, please, please, please stress the importance of common curtiosy to all the children in your life. Maybe we can rid the world of rudeness one child at a time.

In Addition: It also bugs the hell out of me when a person, who doesn't even know me, makes an assumption of me, or of others for that matter. If EVERYONE goes through thease challenges, then why doesn't EVERYONE teach their children to be better people, why don't they become a better person themself? My son is almost 6 years old and he knows all about "bad words" and rude people. And NOT because I use bad words around him, but because I teach him not to be a rude person. I thank the Lord that he is a good person and I hope that will never change no matter how many people disgust him. I believe that there are a lot of good people in the world, infact, I believe that the world has much more good in it then bad. I also consider myself and optimist. I don't have too many pet peeves in life....just one big one. I am not a perfect person, but I DO know how to teach my children to be respectful of others. I believe that I do live in a good world, it's just a world that consist of a few jerks that will most likely always be that way.

2 comments:

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

Oh hon,I feel your pain all too well! Its amazing how completely clueless to others some people are! I'm sorry dear, take a deep breath and remember you are teaching your children how to be!

Anonymous said...

For someone who is trying to show her children how to be the best they can be in any situation you sure act like you cannot even handle the smallest of lifes challenges and difficulties that EVERYONE goes through on a daily basis. Maybe when you actually reach the place that you already think you are at in life, you will realize that the words you put down on paper, or in this case on a blog, are probably what come out of your mouth regularily also. Why don't you reread your post and count the number of times foul language is used. It makes me wonder how many times a day your children hear those or other words that are inappropriate. However, I doubt you are the type of person who can look inside and realize your short comings. You are most likely one of the who thinks that everyone else is wrong. Thank god we don't just exist in your world.