BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

5/9/12

Family Lessons

It's a pretty awesome idea. The thought of a family where everyone gets along and always works as a team. A family that unconditionally loves each other and never makes judgement. Does this even exist?
My life, my family, has changed so much. A lot of times I find myself feeling lost and misplaced. I've learned a lot of hard lessons in the last couple years, lessons that are still sinking in.  I've learned that the family members I thought I could trust, I can't. I've learned that family members who I thought I was supposed to stay away from, are really my allies. I've learned that blood is really not that much thicker then water. I've learned that you family really can hurt you more then anyone else is possibly able to.
The hardest lesson I have learned is too keep my mouth shut, and I know blogging about it, isn't really keeping my mouth shut. But this is way better then it used to be. I know people will ALWAYS have their opinion. There will be those who will always feel like they are better, or know more then others. I'll never be able to change that.
The most important lesson I've learned is to try and raise my kids in the most honest and the most fair way. And to do it without a lot of drama. To teach them that there should be no competition within a family, no secrets and no lies. To let them make their own judgements about people without clouding up their decisions and ideas. Then pray that I did a halfway decent job.

0 comments: